Notice of Privacy Practices
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE READ IT CAREFULLY.
Advanced/Wabash Diagnostic Imaging’s ("A/WDI") goal is to take appropriate steps to attempt to safeguard any medical or other personal information that is provided to us.
We are required by law to:
- Maintain the privacy of medical and financial information provided to us that reasonably identifies A/WDI patients to their conditions;
- Provide notice of our legal duties and privacy practices; and
- Abide by the terms of our Notice of Privacy Practices currently in effect.
WHO WILL FOLLOW THIS NOTICE
The practices described in this Notice apply to the following persons or groups of persons:
- All A/WDI personnel and students in training;
- Any health care professional authorized to enter information into, or obtain information from, your A/WDI record;
- Any volunteer or member of a volunteer group that assists you while you are at A/WDI.
A/WDI and those listed above may share information with each other for treatment, payment or health care operations as described in this Notice.
INFORMATION COLLECTED ABOUT YOU
In the ordinary course of receiving treatment and health care services from A/WDI, you will be providing A/WDI with personal information such as:
- Your name, address, and phone number
- Information relating to your medical history.
- Your insurance information and coverage.
- Information concerning your doctor, nurse or other medical providers.
In addition, A/WDI will gather certain medical information about you and will create a record of the care provided to you by A/WDI and, in many cases, care provided to you by other health care entities. Other individuals or organizations that are part of your "circle of care" may also provide some information A/WDI. For example, a referring physician, your other doctors, your health plan, and family members or close friends may provide information to A/WDI. With some exceptions, medical or financial information collected or maintained by A/WDI that reasonable identifies you to your condition must be protected by A/WDI (such protected information will be referred to in this document as "Health Information").